Tea tree essential oil, extracted from the leaves of Melaleuca alternifolia, is a 100% pure oil prized for its diverse properties in aromatherapy, natural cosmetics.
With a fresh, medicinal scent, it is known for its antimicrobial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties, making it a popular ingredient in skincare products targeting acne, dandruff, and minor skin irritations.
In aromatherapy, it is valued for its ability to purify the air, support respiratory health, and promote a sense of balance and clarity.
While not typically used in perfumery due to its strong medicinal aroma, it can provide a unique, invigorating element to natural fragrances when expertly blended with complementary essential oils.
Colourless to pale yellow liquid oil.
Blends well with: Lavender, Cinnamon, Geranium, Bay Leaf, Palmarosa, Thyme, Spearmint, Eucalyptus Citriodora, Sage, Lemon, Orange & Pine.
Tea tree is famous for treating acne
Treats athlete’s foot, nail fungus and other fungi
Can help with candida
Tea tree can deter and kill head lice
Tea tree can treat insect bites
Tea tree is a natural mould killer
Helpful to treat sinusitis, colds and flu
Can help kill viral infections
- Tea tree can ward off dandruff when added to shampoos.
HOW TO USE:
- Add 5-6 drops to a bowl of steaming hot water, cover your head with a towel and breathe in the vapour to help with colds and viral infections
- In the home you can create your own natural cleaner for use throughout the house, office and car.
- Add 4-8 drops to your laundry wash that include diapers and pet blankets
- To disinfect items that can't be put in with laundry, like mats, pillows and curtains, make your own multipurpose household spray.
- Use this spray to disinfect cupboards, kitchen counters, cutting boards and your refrigerator
- Use it in the bathroom on shower curtains and the seals around baths and showers
- Use it to clean your pet mat or litter boxes - it will help keep away ants and roaches
- In your office, use to clean and disinfect 'phones, keyboards and desktops
- Do not use during the first 3 months of pregnancy / breastfeeding
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- As a general rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.
- DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and seek medical and specialist advise when in doubt