Peppermint essential oil, 100% pure and extracted from Mentha piperita, is a popular choice in aromatherapy for its invigorating and refreshing scent.
Traditionally used by ancient Greeks and Romans to alleviate digestive discomfort, it has maintained its significance in modern applications.
In aromatherapy, peppermint essential oil is often employed to help promote mental clarity, enhance focus, and uplift mood.
In natural cosmetic and perfumery, it is used for its cooling and soothing properties, ideal for skincare products targeting redness or irritation.
With a versatile and revitalizing aroma, Mentha piperita is a valuable addition to various therapeutic and cosmetic applications.
- Peppermint belongs to the Mint family with Spearmint, Water Mint, and Forest Mint and is a naturally occurring hybrid of Water Mint and Spearmint.
- Peppermint essential oil is multi-purpose, earning the reputation of being one of the most versatile oils in the world along with Lavender oil.
- The most active components of Peppermint essential oil are Menthol and Menthone, which are known to reduce pain and to invigorate, energize, and prevent the growth of harmful bacteria, respectively.
- The benefits and uses of Peppermint Essential Oil are abundant, making it a staple in cosmetics and aromatherapy. It is also a beneficial ingredient in relaxing baths, as well as in cleaning agents around the house.
- Due to its stimulant properties, using Peppermint essential oil daily could interfere with sleep patterns, and an overdose of the oil can lead to potentially severe side effects.
HOW TO USE:
- Apply to your neck for a pick-me-up from the afternoon slump, or to cool on hot days
- Peppermint is a great scent to add to household cleaners, body washes, shampoos, etc
- Add to skincare to treat oily skin, blackheads and as a natural cleanser
- Great fragrance in soaps or DIY air fresheners
- Diffuse in a burner or diffuser to get rid of bad smells, and to invite an invigorating and refreshing scent into the home or office.
- Do not use during the first 3 months of pregnancy / breastfeeding
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- As a general rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.
- DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and seek medical and specialist advise when in doubt