Patchouli organically cultivated essential oil, extracted from the leaves of Pogostemon cablin, is a highly valued ingredient in aromatherapy, natural cosmetics, and perfumery for its diverse properties and captivating aroma.
Historically used in traditional Asian medicine, this 100% pure essential oil boasts a multitude of benefits, including promoting relaxation, balancing emotions, and supporting skin health.
In aromatherapy, the rich, earthy scent of Patchouli is known to help alleviate stress and anxiety while functioning as an effective grounding agent.
The oil's potential to nourish and rejuvenate the skin makes it a sought-after ingredient in natural cosmetics, particularly for mature or problem skin types. It is also recognized for its ability to combat dandruff and support a healthy scalp.
As a natural insect repellent, Patchouli essential oil can be applied to deter pests, while its antifungal properties have been used to address various skin conditions.
In perfumery, the oil's unique fragrance adds a deep, warm, and exotic note to various creations.
Furthermore, Patchouli essential oil acts as an excellent fixative, helping to prolong the longevity of other fragrances in perfumes and scented products
- In the 1800s, the scent of Patchouli Oil became the benchmark that determined the authenticity of Eastern fabrics like silk, as it was used to protect the fabrics from insects.
- Patchouli Oil is believed to have received its name from the Hindi word “pacholi,” meaning “to scent.”
- The Patchouli plant belongs to a family of other well-known aromatic plants, including Lavender, Mint, and Sage.
- Patchouli Oil was traditionally used in Asian folk medicine to treat hair problems like dandruff and oily scalp, as well as skin irritations like dryness, acne, and eczema.
- Patchouli Essential Oil has a grounding, balancing, calming scent and provides numerous health benefits, making it ideal for therapeutic use in cosmetics, aromatherapy, and cleaning products.
HOW TO USE:
- Body massage use 1 to 6 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier oil.
- Face care use 1 to 3 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier or base.
- Body & Hair care use 2 to 6 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier or base.
- Diffuse in a burner or diffuser to get rid of bad smells, and to invite an invigorating and refreshing scent into the home or office.
- Do not use during the first 3 months of pregnancy / breastfeeding
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- As a general rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.
- DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and seek medical and specialist advise when in doubt