Grapefruit essential oil, extracted from the peel of Citrus paradisi, is a versatile and invigorating 100% pure essential oil with various applications in aromatherapy, natural cosmetics, and perfumery.
In aromatherapy, its uplifting and energizing aroma can help to reduce feelings of mental fatigue and stress, while promoting a sense of alertness and mental clarity.
Historically, grapefruit essential oil was utilized in traditional medicine for its detoxifying and purifying properties.
In natural cosmetics, it is often incorporated for its astringent and cleansing effects, helping to balance oily skin and promote a healthy complexion.
Additionally, its fresh and citrusy scent serves as a delightful top note in natural perfumery, bringing a revitalizing touch to various blends.
- Grapefruit essential oil comes from glands in the grapefruit peel and is extracted by the process of cold pressing.
- Grapefruit oil has a sweet, tart citrus scent that is popular for use in aromatherapy and in natural beauty and body care products.
- Used in aromatherapy, Grapefruit Essential Oil benefits include enhancing a sense of energy, helping to manage stressful and anxious feelings, and helping to manage feelings of discomfort experienced from stiffness and aches.
- Used in natural cosmetic products, Grapefruit Essential Oil is reputed to help maintain smooth looking skin, to help reduce the appearance of cellulite, and to help balance oily skin and hair.
- Grapefruit oil is commonly used as a top or middle note in perfumery and blends well with other citrus and spice oils, as well as basil, peppermint, cedarwood, lavender, ylang-ylang, rosemary, cypress, frankincense, and geranium oils.
HOW TO USE:
- Body massage use 1 to 6 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier oil.
- Face care use 1 to 3 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier or base.
- Body & Hair care use 2 to 6 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier or base.
- Diffuse in a burner or diffuser to get rid of bad smells, and to invite an invigorating and refreshing scent into the home or office.
- Do not use during the first 3 months of pregnancy / breastfeeding
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- As a general rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.
- DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and seek medical and specialist advise when in doubt