Our eucalyptus globulus essential oil comes from organic plantations and is distilled from the leaves of the blue gum eucalyptus. It is a pure and complete essential oil used in pharmacopeia all over the world for its well-known therapeutic properties.
Eucalyptus globulus essential oil is traditionally recommended to help fight the early signs of colds and flu, as a support for respiratory systems and as a general immunity booster.
In diffusers, the stimulating blue gum aroma refreshes and sanitizes the air and has a reputation for revitalizing exhausted energies.
Colourless to pale yellow liquid
Blends well with: Basil, Cajeput, Cedarwood, Lavender, Lemon, Myrtle, Frankincense & Tea Tree
Eucalyptus is a natural disinfectant and helps make your home smell beautifully clean. Also helps with: Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds, Congestion, Coughs, Headaches, Inflammation, Shingles, Sinusitis.
HOW TO USE:
AIR SANITIZING, COLD, STUFFY NOSE, RUNNY NOSE, FLU, IMMUNITY (STIMULATE), LARYNGITIS, PHARYNGITIS BRONCHITIS, SINUSITIS, PHLEGMY COUGH, INSECT REPELLANT.
For wellbeing, in body massage or frictions. For respiratory and nasal comfort, to boost your immune system: For skin applications, always dilute the essential oil in an oily carrier (oil, butter, cream, lotion):
use 1 to 6 drops essential oil for 15 ml (3 Tablespoons) carrier oil (0.5 to 2 % concentration).
Massage locally or friction on the torso and upper back, on the front and back of your neck (avoiding sensitive face areas) on the shoulders, on the soles of your feet. Apply on the area behind the ears or on the affected skin area.
Inhalation: Steam Inhalation (reserved for adults and non-asthmatic subjects): add 5 drops of essential oil to a bowl of hot water. Cover your head and bowl with a towel, place your head 15-20 cm over the bowl and inhale for 5-10 min.
1 drop or two on a handkerchief, a scarf, a pillow, a pyjama collar…
For air diffusion:
in diffusers: Blue gum essential oil is safer to diffuse when associated (blended) with other softer essential oil (s): - 2 drops max eucalyptus globulus with 8 drops of other essential oils, 10 minutes per hour, 3 times a day.
in a spray for rooms, pillows: for 100ml: Add 5 drops of essential oil for 10 ml (2 Tablespoons) of vegetable glycerine, add water.
Home, and surface sanitation: add a few drops in vinegar or castile soap for customized home cleansing. Use caution around children and pets!
- EUCALYPTUS BLUE GUM (GLOBULUS) ESSENTIAL OIL USE IS RESTRICTED TO ADULTS AND TEENAGERS.
- BECAUSE OF ITS HIGH LEVEL IN 1,8 CINEOLE, EUCALYPTUS BLUE GUM (GLOBULUS) ESSENTIAL OIL IS NOT SUITABLE/INDICATED FOR PEOPLE WITH ASTHMA (ESPECIALLY IN UP-CLOSE INHALATION OR DIFFUSION),
- Can be skin Irritating in high doses. Always dilute for skin application, do not exceed the maximum dosage indicated. Start with a low dosage. Avoid on the face.
- Eucalyptus globulus essential oil can be irritating (headaches) to sensitive people if diffused continuously. Blend eucalyptus oil with softer essential oils (Lavender) or choose Eucalyptus Smithii or Radiata.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Avoid if you have high blood pressure or epilepsy.
- Do not use together with a medication treatment without proper medical advice.
- For external use only, toxic if taken internally.
- Not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women,
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- As a rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.
- DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and seek medical and specialist advise when in doubt.