Citronella Essential oil has a fresh, lemony scent and offers a multitude of benefits in aromatherapy and cosmetics.
One of its most well-known uses is as an effective insect repellent, keeping mosquitoes and other pests at bay. Besides this, Citronella essential oil possesses anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antifungal properties.
In modern aromatherapy, it is prized for its uplifting and stress-relieving effects, promoting a sense of calm and well-being.
Additionally, Citronella essential oil is often used in cosmetic formulations for its skin-soothing properties, helping to alleviate minor irritations and redness.
While not primarily used in perfumery, its refreshing aroma can contribute to the overall scent profile of various blends.
A clear light yellow to brownish liquid.
Blends well with: Bergamot, Orange, Cedarwood, Geranium, Lemon, Lavender and Pine.
- For preparing joint comfort massage oils in Arthritis, tendinitis, and rheumatism conditions
- Anti-inflammatory, Air sanitizing, Antiseptic & Fungicide
- Can help with nervous fatigue
- Used to provide relief for headaches and migraines
- Proven mozzie and midges repellent
- Used in dog training
HOW TO USE:
Massages & body care
- Body massage use 1 to 6 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier oil.
- Body care use 2 to 6 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier or base.
- Haircare: Up to 3 drops into carrier oil, conditioner..
Diffusion: Ultrasonic Diffusers for air purification, use 10 mn 3 times a day.
- Spray Add 5 drops of essential oil for 10 ml of vegetable glycerine and add water.
- Homecare: a few drops applied to the back of a shirt collar, pyjama or on a pillow. To keep away unwanted bugs
Remember: For all skin, hair or body contact uses, Essential Oils must be diluted in a suitable carrier support (carrier oil, cream, lotion, vegetable glycerine, conditioner, liquid soap or shower gel) before application.
Do not use during the first 3 months of pregnancy / breastfeeding. Not recommended for direct use on children less than 5 years of age
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
ABOOUT STANDARDISED ESSENTIAL OILS
Standardized essential oils are pure essential oils that have been produced to create a standard scent, and consistent quality with every single batch produced. They are created from the same pure constituents that make up conventional essential oils.