Basil Essential Oil is a versatile oil that is commonly used in aromatherapy for its uplifting properties and its potential to soothe and relax the mind. Basil oil is extracted from the leaves of the basil plant using steam distillation, preserving its natural properties.
- Basil Essential Oil, also called Sweet Basil Essential Oil, is derived from the leaves of the Ocimum basilicum botanical, better known as the Basil herb.
- Basil Essential Oil emits a warm, sweet, freshly floral and crisply herbaceous scent that is further characterized as airy, vibrant, uplifting, and reminiscent of the scent of licorice.
- In aromatherapy, Sweet Basil Essential Oil is reputed to stimulate, clarify, calm, fortify, energize and uplift the mind. It is also said to repel insects, eliminate odor-causing bacteria, soothe headaches, and relieve respiratory as well as digestive discomforts.
- When used on the skin, Sweet Basil Essential Oil is reputed to nourish, repair, balance, calm, smoothe, exfoliate, and brighten the complexion.
- When used in hair, Sweet Basil Essential Oil cleanses, refreshes, hydrates, softens, and strengthens the strands.
- When used medicinally, Sweet Basil Essential Oil is reputed to ease minor skin irritations, cramps, joint pain, muscular aches, spasms, gout, flatulence, and exhaustion. It is also said to enhance immune function, protect against infection, reduce water retention, and stabilize irregular menstruation.
- Also great for sinus congestion, asthma, emphysema, flu and whooping cough.
HOW TO USE:
- Body massages: use 1 to 6 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier oil
- Face care: use 1 to 3 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier or base
- Body & Hair care use: 2 to 6 drops essential oil for 10 ml carrier or base
- Bath: First mix 10 to 15 drops of essential oil with 20 ml vegetable glycerine or 1 cup of Epsom salts
Diffusion, Ultrasonic Diffusers for air purification: use 10 min 3 times a day.
Inhalation: A few deep inhalations from the bottle directly, or 1 to 2 drops on a tissue; mix 1 drops of essential oil per 4 drops of a carrier oil, mix and apply 1 drop on each inner wrist, and inhale deeply.
- Do not use during the first 3 months of pregnancy / breastfeeding
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- As a general rule, always perform a skin patch test before using your essential oils for the first time.
- DO NOT USE UNDILUTED and seek medical and specialist advise when in doubt
ABOOUT STANDARDISED ESSENTIAL OILS
Standardized essential oils are pure essential oils that have been produced to create a standard scent, and consistent quality with every single batch produced. They are created from the same pure constituents that make up conventional essential oils.