Precautions and Safety of Essential Oils
Pregnancy & Children: We do not provide information on the safety of essential oils during Pregnancy or for use in Children because the available information is very ambiguous and often contradictory. If you are interested in using essential oils during pregnancy, while breastfeeding or with young children please do your own research and consult your doctor, midwife, or health care professional before use.
Essential oils are natural, but that does not mean they can be used without taking precautions. The following list includes some general guidelines to help ensure the safe use of essential oils.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, have a medical condition, or have medical concerns regarding yourself or your family consult a qualified licensed health professional prior to using essential oils. Chemical compounds in some essential oils can produce adverse effects when combined with some medications even when applied topically.
- For EXTERNAL use only.
- Keep away from eyes, ear canals, mucous membranes, and other sensitive areas. If you get essential oils on your fingers be sure to wash your hands.
- Do not apply to broken or irritated skin. If skin sensitivity occurs, discontinue use.
- Possible skin sensitivity. As with anything new that is applied to the skin, we recommend a patch test especially if you have sensitive skin. Test only one new oil or blend at a time to determine how your body responds.
- While essential oils may help to soothe the symptoms of viruses such as flu, there is no evidence at this time to suggest that inhaling or applying essential oils to the skin can prevent viruses from entering the body to prevent infection in the first place.
- Store essential oils at room temperature. Essential oils are flammable and should not be used or stored near open flames, candles, gas stoves, or fireplaces.
- Do not attempt to self-diagnose or prescribe any natural substances for conditions that require professional attention.
This product does not claim to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any illness or disease.